Is My Name On There?

These last few weeks have been full of many exciting things. One of the things I look forward to during the fall is the NASCAR Playoff race at Talladega Superspeedway. Close to 200,000 fans make the journey to cheer on their favorite drivers. This Talladega race was would be an exciting, yet somber one, for myself and all Dale Jr. fans. This was Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s final Talladega race of his career. The Earnhardt’s have been very popular at Talladega. Dale Sr. won 10 races at Talladega, and Dale Jr. won 6 races at Talladega. To honor all his fans, Dale Jr. and Mountain Dew allowed fans to sign up on its website to have their name on Dale’s final Talladega car. Over 54,000 names would adorn the #88 Mountain Dew Chevrolet SS. As a big fan, I of course signed up! I wanted to make sure my name was on that car! Weeks leading up to the race there was lots of uncertainty. Would my name actually be on the car? Did I make the cut? I wasn’t sure. FINALLY, the day before the race, Mountain Dew sent out emails telling fans where their names were located on the car! I quickly went on the link and found my name! It was located on the left-rear quarter panel, behind the tire. I was so excited! I would “get to ride at 200 MPH” during Dale’s final race.
 My name, among the 54,000 that made the cut to be on the #88 car.

88 Car leading the race at Talladega Superspeedway on October 15, 2017

I was listening to an old VBS song the other day called “I Know That I Know”. How do we know that we are truly saved? By having our name etched in the Book of Life. When we accept Jesus as our Savior and Lord of our life, and we truly surrender our lives, our name is inscribed in the Book of Life. We receive the Holy Spirit into our lives and start to pursue God with everything we have! If you are unsure about whether or not your name is on the “list”, I would talk to a leader in your church or someone you know who walks with the Lord. Consider the following: God rules supreme! (Colossians 1:16-17) We, including me, have sinned. (Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23) God provided a solution to the separation we had with Him. (John 3:16) Jesus gives us eternal life because He died in your place, my place, on the cross. We couldn’t save ourselves! (Romans 5:8) If these are our beliefs, then we can respond to this message. An easy way to remember this is ABC. A, Admit to God you are a sinner. (1 John 1:9) B, Believe that Jesus is God’s son and that He came into the world to save us all. (John 14:6) C, Confess your faith in Jesus and tell others that you have decided to follow Jesus for all the days of your life.


God doesn’t want anyone to perish! He loves you so much that he sent His Son to die for you! For me! Is your name on the “list”? Is your name written in the Book of Life? Do you know that you know that you know? My prayer would be that would know the answer to this. Accepting Jesus as your Savior is the most important decision one can make! Make sure you get your name on the list!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching The Word, Planting the Seeds: CFBC VBS 2017

Understanding And Bearing

I Turned 21, but I'm Really 10