Your Faith Has Become Known Everywhere

“…Your faith in God has become known everywhere…” -1 Thessalonians 1:8 NIV

The book of 1 Thessalonians is a letter in the New Testament written to the people of Thessalonica. In 1 Thessalonians 1, Paul commends the Thessalonians in their work in the gospel and their reception to the gospel. As I read this chapter, a verse stood out for me…1 Thessalonians 1:8. I have many translations of the Bible. I love to compare each translation and try to get a context for what God is saying. The NIV says, “Your faith will be made known everywhere.” The CSB says, “For the word of the Lord rang out from you.” The NLT says, “You have become an example to all the believers…”

Before I get deep into this, I don’t write this to brag about myself. I want this post to honor God and encourage you to live out your faith.

During this difficult tragedy, I have done numerous interviews for TV. As you know, I am a broadcast student and I love to be in front of the camera. However, in this case, I didn’t want to be in front of the camera. Ever since day one, I have been the spokesperson to the media. One day, I was praying for God to provide me an opportunity to share my faith through this situation. A few days later, I got a call from ABC 33/40 asking for a statement on the searches our family had conducted. I agreed and did the interview. During the interview, I was asked how I personally was dealing with the tragedy. Immediately I felt God take over my mouth. I honestly don’t remember exactly what I said. I just remember I said something about God being in control of the situation and that He is good. This was the only question I did not stumble on. I later found out that the clip of me talking about my faith had made the news. I immediately prayed and thanked God for what He had done. He allowed me to share my faith with the entire Birmingham viewing area. During my Bible time, I read 1 Thessalonians 1 and stumbled on that verse. I could barely hold it in. How awesome is God!!!???

During the past few weeks, I have received messages saying how my faith has encouraged them. I am humbled by these statements. I’m so thankful that God has allowed my light to shine for Him in opportunities that only He can provide. I might never know what kind of impact my comments on TV might have had on another person. I might have to wait until I get to heaven to find that out.


I want to challenge you to examine your lives. Do your actions and words show what you believe in? Is the Word of the Lord ringing out from you? Are you an example to fellow believers? People are always watching. If you claim Jesus as your Savior and Lord, live it out! Be a light for people who are hopeless, who are looking to fill a void in their life. You never know what impact YOU will have on them. God is working in everything. Are you willing to be used by God to share His Good News?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching The Word, Planting the Seeds: CFBC VBS 2017

Understanding And Bearing

I Turned 21, but I'm Really 10