Teaching The Word, Planting the Seeds: CFBC VBS 2017

Last week I talked about my VBS experience at Gardendale First Baptist Church and talked a little about why I am so passionate about VBS. (So if you haven’t, go check out last weeks post.) Continuing with the VBS posts, this week I want to focus on the second VBS that I got to serve in last month at Cleveland First Baptist Church. Next week I will be talking about lessons learned during VBS 2017.

The theme at Cleveland First Baptist was Summer Games 2017: Training with Paul to Become Champions or Christ. Students learned about Paul and his conversion and missionary journeys. Students also learned how important it is to follow God and that He has a plan for us. We as believers are to take the Word across the street and around the world.
This was a total unexpected, but pleasant surprise! Within 2 hours of committing to Gardendale’s VBS, I was asked by Pastor Rick if I would like to be the lead teacher for 1st/2nd graders at Cleveland’s VBS. I don’t know why, I guess it was the Holy Spirit, but I didn’t think about it for one second. I immediately responded “YES!”
I was given the material and again, studied it along with GFBC’s theme. I was excited, but nervous because I had never taught anything this important. To me, it is a HUGE task to teach the Word of God. I know how important Bible study was to me when I was a participant at VBS as a kid. The lessons and truths taught helped build the foundation of my Biblical knowledge. Even though we didn’t have a “ABC” day, I feel that I was able to pour into the 1st and 2nd graders about why we follow God. God was using me as a tool to plant His Word into these kids. My prayer is God would continue to help these young kids grow and build a relationship with Him.
My door to my VBS classroom. "Run The Race, Keep The Pace, Keep Your Eyes On Jesus" is a throwback from Game Day VBS 2007, the year I accepted Jesus into my life right here at CFBC 


I attended and served at VBS at Cleveland First Baptist Church from 2001 to 2016. I never thought I would have the opportunity to come back and participate at VBS at Cleveland again because I no longer attend there. In February, I felt God calling me somewhere else, and I decided to leave my position as chairman of the media team. My family still attends CFBC, and I like to visit every now and then. Everyone was so welcoming towards me, and it was great to see so many people that I’ve known for a long time from the Cleveland community!  It was great to be “home” again and to teach the 1st and 2nd grade boys about becoming champions for Christ! We had a blast. We had a blast learning together about God and His calling on each of our lives, making crafts, learning about missions, learning about how to study the Bible, and the live music and skits at the worship rally. Thank you to Pastor Rick Dill, VBS Director Erin Self, and again to God for allowing me to have this great opportunity. I was truly blessed! 
Me and my best soon-to-be 2nd grader friend, Paityn, enjoying VBS 2017 Summer Games


Here are some facts about CFBC’s VBS…. Average attendance was 125 | $454.19 raised for Haiti | Over 300 items donated for Operation Christmas Child

*Portions of this were previously published on my Facebook account on June 11, 2017*

Comments

  1. You did a great job, Noe! The children loved you and you communicated so well with them. I, personally, hope you'll teach VBS with us next year; we'll see what God has in store for you. I know it will be good!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding And Bearing

I Turned 21, but I'm Really 10