5 Things to Remember When Tragedy Strikes

Tragedy is all over the world. Hurricane Harvey, personal issues, issues with our country, issues with our world. We live in a world that’s just messed up. This past Sunday, Pastor Kevin from Gardendale First Baptist preached on 5 theological truths when tragedy strikes. We didn’t have an outline as usual, so I grabbed my notebook and took notes. Maybe you’re going through a tough time, a hard season. Maybe you don’t understand what God is doing in your life. This week, I want to share my notes I took from the sermon. You can watch the sermon for yourself HERE.

1) It’s OK to Grieve
If you don’t grieve properly, it will stay with you.
Sometimes you want to get mad or be away from people.
Love God, Hate people? NO!
Love God, Love People

2) Tragedies Will Happen in this Life
You can’t love God enough to be insulated from trouble.
Jesus says, “In this world, you WILL have trouble.”
God is eventually going to make everything ok.
We live in a sin-sick world.

3) Stay Connected! Don’t Withdraw
If you don’t stay connected, the enemy is getting what he wants.
At some point you will experience trouble.
DO NOT run from God!
RUN TO God!
Worship Him with everything you’ve got!
Don’t do life alone.
Worship is powerful in your pain!

4) Focus on the Direction, Not the Destination
“When thinking” (When I get this or that, then I’ll truly be happy) NEVER makes you truly happy.
Don’t worry about tomorrow! (I personally need to work on this.)
This is the day God has made; live for God! We are not promised tomorrow.
Head in the right direction, God will take you to your destination.
Stop living for something that MIGHT or MIGHT NOT happen. (Another thing I need to work on.)
It’s about the journey, not the destination.

5) God cares about your pain!
If you let Him, God will take what the enemy meant for evil and will turn it for good.
Jesus loves us for who we are!
He cares for us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching The Word, Planting the Seeds: CFBC VBS 2017

Understanding And Bearing

I Turned 21, but I'm Really 10