On Production...


I have really enjoyed my first two months of serving in Kidz Kingdom at GFBC! I love being able to worship alongside the kids and building relationships with the kids. I have also loved working on my Missionz With Noe segments. When I was approached about leading a mission’s segment, I was excited, but didn’t know what it would consist of. My first segment was talking to kids about being missionaries at their schools. I acquired multiple mission’s stories from LifeWay Christian Resources, mostly videos. I then started thinking, “I could make my own videos, highlighting local missionaries from my community and my church.” My second MWN segment was a video interview with local missionaries who spent 27 years in Germany. Ideas then started flowing into my head. I needed to start making more of these videos! After all, I am majoring in broadcast communications. Since then, I have recorded many segments for upcoming MWN videos. I currently am in the process of producing 3 MWN videos. In this blog, I want to take you on a “tour” of what it takes to produce these videos.

Any production starts with an idea. “Who do I want to interview?” “What should be the format of the video?” “How can I make it relate to kids, as well as adults?” One of my favorite types of videos to do for MWN is what I call a 3-picture interview. My guests’ get to pick out 3 photos to talk about. My segment in Kidz Kingdom does have a limit. I have about 5 minutes. I try to make the video around 3 minutes, which gives me time to introduce it and afterwards, do a quick recap of the main points. I honestly feel that God has pointed out the people that I need to interview or do a story on.
Once I get my guest, we film the interview. Although I don’t have a fancy camera or any “official” technical equipment, I do my best to use what God has provided me. The video itself is filmed on an iPhone. The audio is recorded on an external microphone on my laptop. In editing, I have to sync the video and audio, which can take up to 30 minutes. After the syncing, I make a “raw” video, which is just the video and audio synced together. I will then start on the official video. I add my pre-recorded intro and mix music with the “raw” video. Title cards, transitions, and graphics are added to enhance the video. Production from start to finish ca take up to three hours. (I currently have been working on an upcoming segment that has over 20 separate video clips, so it’s been taking longer than the rest.) Once finished, I will upload it to YouTube and text the link to 2-3 people and let them give me feedback. If it’s good, I will send the link to Ryan, children’s minister at GFBC, and get his approval. This usually take place about a week to a week and a half before I actually show it in Kidz Kingdom. Usually, the week I do a MWN segment, I have a few days to get the next video produced for the next time I’m scheduled to do a segment (normally 2 weeks later).

It's a lot of work, but I get so much enjoyment producing these videos! Doing these interviews encourages me to one day go serve with a mission team. I pray that God will give me the opportunity when His timing is right. I also pray for all the people, especially the kids, who will be watching these videos because you never know what kind of impact they will have on them. I am truly blessed to be able to serve Kidz Kingdom in this capacity and thankful for the gifts that God has given me. I love teaching about Jesus’ command to go. Everyone has a gift that God has given him/her to use for His glory!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teaching The Word, Planting the Seeds: CFBC VBS 2017

Understanding And Bearing

I Turned 21, but I'm Really 10